Welcome to TeraNano 8 Official Site!
The 8th International Symposium on Terahertz Nanoscience (TeraNano 8) will be held at Okayama Convention Center, Okayama, Japan, during 19 November (Sunday) to 23 November (Thursday) in 2017. With the success of the first seven meetings of this series, held in Osaka, Okinawa, Honolulu, Osaka, Martinique, Okinawa, and Porquerolles, this symposium will bring together world leaders and young researchers and students working in the multi-disciplinary field of terahertz (THz) dynamics in nanostructures.
This symposium provides a forum for the exchange of information on the basic science, technology, and applications of THz waves. Although it will cover all aspects of THz science and technology, we will emphasize the advantages of combining the interdisciplinary domains of nanotechnology and THz technology, especially the field of THz science in nanomaterials and nanodevices.
The conference will place special emphasis on international collaborations in research and education in this highly interdisciplinary and increasingly global field. Invited talks on current status and future prospects by leading researchers will be given as well as some contributed oral presentations.
Moreover, this symposium will be held in combination with the 4th International Symposium on Microwave/Terahertz Science and Applications (MTSA 2017).
This symposium will also place special emphasis on international exchanges for students and young researchers in this highly interdisciplinary fields.
- 1 August, 2017: Abstract submission deadline
- Ultrafast dynamics of carriers, excitons, and phonons in microwave/THz region
- Nonlinear optical spectroscopy using intense THz radiation
- Microwave/THz sources and detectors
- Coherent THz magneto-optical and electro-optical spectroscopy
- High-frequency electronic devices
- Microwave/THz sensing and imaging
- Microwave/THz chemistry and/or biology
- Microwave/THz ICT
- Microave/THz metrologies