ILE Collaborative Research Program Implementation Guidelines for Fiscal Year Ending March 2025
Before conducting experiments or other joint research activities, please consult and make arrangements with your Liaison Scientist.
In addition, please contact the department in charge of your work management at your institution so that the procedure for requesting a business trip (visit) to ILE will be performed in advance.
- All ILE Collaborative Research activities should be implemented on or before February 21, 2025.
- Principal investigators (PIs) of ILE Collaborative Research Types A and B1 must submit （Form 3）“Agreement Form regarding Joint Experiment and Research” to the Liaison Scientist before starting their experiments or other joint research activities.
- As a general rule, ILE Collaborative Research Type C (Workshops) must be held at Osaka University “under the auspices of the ILE Collaborative Research Program”.
- ILE Collaborative Research Funds can be used for the following:
Types A and C Domestic travel expenses to/from ILE
Types B1 and B2 Domestic travel expenses to/from ILE and purchase of goods or services
ILE Visit Application
PIs and Research Collaborators who plan to conduct experiments or other joint research activities at ILE including participation in workshops must submit an application at least one week before the business trip (visit).
- Please fill out the “Entry for Assignment” Form on the ILE Collaborative Research Application System (https://collabo.ile.osaka-u.ac.jp/signin).
- If there is a necessary change in your schedule, please contact your Liaison Scientist and the ILE Quadruple Matrix Center immediately. You will also need to submit a new application with your new schedule.
- PIs and Research Collaborators (excluding undergraduate students) are allowed to use the ILE Collaborative Research Funds for domestic travel to/from ILE. In principle, overseas travel expenses cannot be covered by the ILE Collaborative Research Funds.
※New research collaborators can be added through the ILE Collaborative Research Application System (https://collabo.ile.osaka-u.ac.jp/signin).
- All necessary documents should be submitted to be able to use the ILE Collaborative Research Funds for travel expenses.
【Documents to be submitted before the business trip (visit)】
To be submitted (attached) when filling out the “Entry for Assignment” Form on the ILE Collaborative Research Application System (https://collabo.ile.osaka-u.ac.jp/signin)
* Final Deadline: February 14, 2025
2. Receipt at the time of ticket purchase (only for passengers using airplane/bus)
To be sent to the Quadruple Matrix Center.
*Not required when using the train (including the Shinkansen).
To be sent to the Quadruple Matrix Center by PIs or Research Collaborators who are visiting ILE for the first time or those who have changed their contact information or bank account details
【Documents to be submitted after the business trip (visit)】
To be sent to the ILE Collaborative Research Promotion Office immediately upon return to your institution
2. Original ticket stub/receipt (only for passengers using airplane/bus)
Please mail to the address below.
2-6 Yamadaoka, Suita City, Osaka Prefecture
To Quadruple Matrix Center,
Institute of Laser Engineering, Osaka University
Accommodation fees will be paid according to the regulations of Osaka University.
PIs and Research Collaborators can take advantage of the accommodations inside Osaka University.
<Osaka University Accommodations>
- Kasugaoka House
7-12-17 Minami Kasugaoka, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0046
- International House, Suita
3-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871
- Guest House of the Research Center for Nuclear Physics
10-1 Mihogaoka, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0047
Please contact your Liaison Scientist in advance to make reservations for these facilities through the Osaka University Residence Reservation System (http://housing.icho.osaka-u.ac.jp/). You can also choose other accommodations (hotels, inns, rental apartments) and book them by yourself if you prefer to stay outside Osaka University.
- Goods and services should be purchased on or before February 7, 2025.
- The items to be purchased using the ILE Collaborative Research Funds are limited to those directly required to perform the tasks related to the ILE Collaborative Research.
(PCs, tablets, stationery, and furniture cannot be purchased using the ILE Collaborative Research Funds.)
- For English Correction Services and publication fees, copies of the corrections (to confirm the corrections, etc.) and the published paper should be submitted, respectively.
- Equipment with a service lifetime of one year or more or amounting to 100,000 yen (including consumption tax) such as cameras, recording equipment, etc. shall be owned by Osaka University and shall be kept by ILE.
＜Documents to be submitted＞
- Delivery slip
Specifying the delivery date and amount (including consumption tax)
Showing the item/s and confirming the quantity, specifications, etc.
Will become optional in case a third party such as the administrative department of a university or research institution has a confirmation stamp on the delivery slip
- The signature (or stamp) of the Liaison Scientist should be affixed, and the date of receipt of the item/s should be indicated on the delivery slip.
- The delivery address should be “Osaka University Institute of Laser Engineering”.
- For delivery to Osaka University, the delivery should be confirmed by the Liaison Scientist. (The Liaison Scientist will sign the delivery slip and invoice of the item/s purchased.)
- All necessary documents should be submitted to be able to use the ILE Collaborative Research Funds for the purchase of goods/services
Within 10 days from the date the delivery slip is issued (the item/s has/have been delivered)
*However, if the item/s is/are delivered at the end of the month, all documents must be submitted on the 5th day of the following month.
- Please note that if the final deadline has passed, purchases cannot be made even if your ILE Collaborative Research Fund has a remaining balance.
*Final Deadline:February 14, 2025
Please check the following URL regarding the use of ILE network services:
New Research Collaborators
PIs can add new Research Collaborators anytime within the duration of the ILE Collaborative Research.
- New Research Collaborators can be added through the ILE Collaborative Research Application System (https://collabo.ile.osaka-u.ac.jp/signin).
- Requests to add new Research Collaborators through e-mail will not be entertained.
Please submit the Annual report (PowerPoint file) at the end of the fiscal year.
- Sign in to the collaborative research reception system . (Please use the email address registered with ILE to sign in.)
- On the “Annual Progress Report” screen, click the [Submit] button to the right of the issue you want to submit.
- Enter the required information in the input screen that appears, upload the Annual report file, and then click the [Submit] button.
On or before March 31, 2025
* Please note that the information from the ILE Collaborative Research Reports will be only used to evaluate the activities of ILE and will not be disclosed to any entity for any other purpose.
OPTO Symposium on Photon and Beam Science
PIs will also be asked to present the ILE Collaborative Research results at the annual “OPTO Symposium on Photon and Beam Science” tentatively scheduled in June every year.
- （Form 1）“Travel Expenses Application Form”
To be submitted through the Quadruple Matrix Center Application System (https://collabo.ile.osaka-u.ac.jp/signin) at least one week before the business trip (visit) to ILE
（Form 2) “Radiation worker certificate and registration form”
Please attach the RI training certificate in PDF form. To be sent to the Quadruple Matrix Center before starting experiments or other joint research activities
（Form 3）“Agreement Form regarding Joint Experiment and Research”
To be submitted to the Liaison Scientist before starting experiments or other joint research activities
（Form 4）“Business Trip Report”
To be sent to the Quadruple Matrix Center after the business trip (visit) to ILE
（Form 5）“Application for Payment Form”
To be sent to the Quadruple Matrix Center before the business trip (visit) to ILE
- （Form 6）”Annual report format file”
Quadruple Matrix Center
Institute of Laser Engineering, Osaka University
2-6 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, 565-0871, Japan
Tel : +81 6 6879 8705
E-mail: kyodokenkyu.ile（※Please enter “@office.osaka-u.ac.jp” after the left.）